Compare and contrast the rule of Frederick II, Catherine the Great, George III and Louis XVI. Focus on how the monarch ruled, social and economic conditions in their countries during their reigns, and how their citizens felt about them.
Enlightenment and the Colonies
Benjamin Franklin Thomas Jefferson
Views on British Government
1. What role did women like Madame Geoffrin play in supporting and promoting the ideas of the Enlightenment?
2. What important rights did women like Abigail Adams, Olympe de Gouges, and Mary Wollstonecraft argue and fight for?
Attached is the Maya, Inca, Aztec Review for the test next Friday May 12.
1. How did it feel to be a person in the quarters? A leader in the quarters? A governor? The Sapa Inca? A Chosen Woman?
2. For the group(s) who accepted/resisted Inca demands, why did you do it? What were the advantages of acceptance? Disadvantages?
3. Given the extent of the Inca Empire, what groups would most likely succeed in resisting?
4. What could groups have done who were being conquered other than resist or submit?
5. How did the Inca leadership style help expand and maintain the empire?
Maya, Inca, Aztec Chart directions. Will be due Tuesday May 16.
Presentations will be Friday March 24, Explorer Group Project directions.