How did Henry II improve English Law?
What changes did the Magna Carta bring about in English government?
What was the Model Parliament, and why was it created?
How did the political developments in England contribute to the decline of feudalism?
The Hundred Years’ War
How did the Hundred Years’ War start?
Why were the English able to defeat the French in early battles?
Who was Joan of Arc? What did she do for the French in the Hundred Years’ War?
How did the war contribute to the decline of feudalism?
Europe test is next Thursday, Europe Review attached.
1. How did it feel to be a monarch? A lord? A knight? A serf?
2. How did it feel to be “born” into a role you could not change?
3. In what ways were the lord, knight, and serf dependent on each other?
4. Why were the loyalty oaths necessary? What would happen if someone broke the loyalty oath?
5. What are the advantages of organizing society in this way? What are the disadvantages?
6. What factor(s) would destroy the security of this society?
Exhibits will be turned in to the MPR on Monday. The MPR will be open by 7:00am. The forecast has rain for all day Monday. You can turn in the exhibit any time on Monday.
For all Website entries please enter your full URL below (this is your submission for NHD, you will not turn anything in during class.
NHD Website Entries
Attached Japan Review for test (test is Monday 1/23).
PDF version: Japan Review
Due date is coming up fast (13 days). Below is the rubric and flyer for our night where school winners are revealed.